Naviance is an online tool to assist Hasbrouck Heights students with college and career planning. Students and parents will have access to this platform. This program will also be the way school counselors process transcript requests from students to send documentation (Letters of Recommendation, Transcripts, other various supplemental documentation) to prospective colleges/universities.
How to Log In:
About NavianceFeatures Include:Self DiscoverySelf-discovery helps students develop confidence and lays the foundation for their life today, and their future. By uncovering strengths and unique skills, students will see their potential. Naviance helps students understand their unique strengths, connect their interests to careers, set goals, develop self-knowledge, and personal motivation.
- Click here to link to Naviance
- Students type in your HHSD e-mail address, which is your last name, first name, and then @hhschools.org (e.g. email@example.com). Parent username is the email address used when registering your child with the school.
- Students' passwords are set up with you with your counselors (must be at least 6-characters). Parents will receive a Welcome e-mail from the portal with a temporary password that can then be changed to a personal password.
- StrengthsExplorer® - Gallup research has shown that students succeed when they focus on what they do best rather than trying to improve on weaknesses. That’s the premise behind StrengthsExplorer®, the Gallup strengths-based assessment in Naviance.
By matching students to colleges based on students’ interests and goals, and comparing admissions rates at students’ top college choices, the Naviance college planning tools allow students and families to make informed decisions. Naviance helps students find their best-fit higher education institutions. Naviance helps high school students understand college possibilities, explore high school-specific college admissions stats, match to best-fit colleges, identify ideal college majors.
- College and Career Curriculum - While the majority of students today aspire to go on to college, many do not know the specific steps required to reach their goals. The Naviance College & Career Readiness Curriculum is a blended learning solution for students in grades 6-12 that helps them develop critical non-cognitive skills and college knowledge and instills confidence so that they’ll persevere to reach their long-term college and career goals. Naviance Curriculum was developed in collaboration with Roadtrip Nation to deliver exciting multi-media resources that expose students to a wide array of available career paths.
- College Research - Focus your college search by asking a series of questions that you may not have yet considered about college. College Search enables you to create a target list of schools in terms of size, location, major, etc. from a pool of more than 3,600 schools.
- College Visits – shows students which college visits are coming up and allows students to indicate if they plan to attend a visit. To sign up for a college visit, the student should click View All Upcoming College Visits and click Sign Up next to the college visit he or she plans to attend.
- SuperMatch™– a visually-based search that helps students find the right fit for college. Students select from a list of college decision factors and rank their importance. As the student makes selections, the best-match colleges appear with information about why the college(s) is a good match. Students can save their searches and add colleges to the Colleges I’m Thinking About list from here.
- College Match – this tool uses colleges on the student’s application list and shows colleges that match those colleges. There are three components: Colleges Looking for Students Like You, which compares against students at the high school; Colleges Other Students Link, which compares against in the Naviance Network; Colleges That Have Accepted Students Like You, which compares against students at the high school.
- College Lookup – this tool allows students to find specific colleges. From here the student can view the college profile, which has the same valuable information that you can view in Naviance.
- College Search – an advanced search tool that enables students to create searches that focus on college criteria that is important to them, such as costs, campus surroundings, available majors, etc. Students can save college searches.
- College Resources – provides a list of web resources about colleges, financial aid, and other key topics in the college admissions process.
- College Maps – shows students where colleges are located. The map tool is MapQuest. A visual representation can give students insight into colleges they are interested in. The College Maps tool shows colleges on the map using the College Groups feature in Naviance.
- College Profiles - The college profiles provide valuable information about an institution within Naviance. You can access the database of colleges by clicking the Colleges tab in the main navigation bar. If you built a Quicklist, those colleges will appear. You can search for colleges using the options in the Find Colleges section on the left navigation bar. To view a college profile, click the college name. The profile appears. From here you can edit information about the college, add notes, and research specific information about the college.
- Resume – This feature is especially helpful for students to organize their activity list and accomplishments. Besides, it can help keep your counselor apprised of your awards and involvement.
- Electronic Transcripts - Naviance eDocs allows counselors and advisors to securely send student application-related forms, including transcripts, letters of recommendation, school profiles, and more, electronically to more than 2,000 colleges and universities.
- Scholarships - National Scholarship Search enables you to search for national scholarships given the criteria that you provide about yourself.
Helping students picture their future will help them engage in school today. The career planning and assessment tools in Naviance allow students to realize their strengths, goals, knowledge, values, and interests in future careers, to help them work toward a path that is inspiring to them. Naviance helps high school students connect interests to career fields, identify best-fit careers, learn from leaders, and plan for life after high school.
- Self-Assessments - AchieveWORKS assessments by Human eSources support a personalized learning approach, helping students understand their personality type, learning styles, and unique intelligence. Together, the assessments provide a comprehensive profile of students' strengths and personal attributes that gives students the tools they need to take charge of their learning.
- Do What You Are® focuses on personality type, which is really about behavior and personal values.
- The Learning Style Inventory provides insight into environments and situations where students are most productive and receptive to learning.
- MI AdvantageTM digs deeply into cognitive patterns that reveal a student’s inclination for certain skills and knowledge.
- Career Assessment - Career Key is an online career assessment for middle and high school students based on Holland’s highly respected and research-based interest codes. Career Key's scientific matching system enables students to identify careers and college majors that match their interests, traits, skills, and abilities.
- Career Cluster Finder – This online questionnaire helps students discover career clusters that are most interesting to them.
- Career Interest Profiler – This profiler uses Holland’s Code (Realistic, Investigative, Artistic, Social, Enterprising, and Conventional) to match careers to students’ interests. Students can view matching occupations, explore possible majors and colleges.
- Career Videos - Roadtrip Nation has 3,500+ video interviews chronicling the diverse personal stories of leaders who have turned their interests into their life’s work.
Naviance SAT Test PreparationNaviance provides test preparation solutions for the SAT. Naviance Test Prep provides proven, game-based courses that help students to perform their best on test day. Naviance Test Prep is also seamlessly integrated with Naviance to help students be college and career ready, all from one place.