Welcome to the Hasbrouck Heights School District Buildings and Grounds Department.
Our department consists of 14 full time custodial, maintenance and grounds personnel led by our Director of Buildings and Grounds, Gerry Mihalitsianos.
Buildings and Grounds is responsible for:
• Maintaining facilities in 3 school buildings, administrative space, and two athletic fields for over 1800 students.
• Supporting over 285 staff members and providing them with a safe environment to educate and care for our students.
• Improving 100 classrooms, gyms, cafeterias and auditoriums
• Taking care of over 25 acres of property
• Sustaining 195,000 square feet in all 4 buildings for our community and students to use
In addition to our regular daily responsibilities, we also prepare our schools for events such as science fairs, art programs, fashion shows, craft fairs, assemblies and concerts for our community to enjoy.
We pride ourselves on creating and maintaining safe, environmentally friendly, clean facilities for our students and faculty.